There is nothing worse than having your air conditioner breakdown in the middle of the hot weather. How can you get through the day without it? The first step is to call an HVAC company. Be aware of the fact that many HVAC companies are quick to tell you that your system is irreparable.This means that you will need an air conditioner replacement. This is when it is a great idea to get a 2nd opinion. Result Home Services offers second opinions on air conditioning replacements. This service has saved thousands of dollars for customers.
- When we come to your home or office, we will look at your repairman's diagnosis. We will be able to tell you if their diagnosis is accurate.
- If their diagnosis is, in fact, accurate, then we will inform you if their estimate is priced fairly.
- We will let you know if your air conditioner truly needs a replacement. If not, we will let you know if it needs a simple and inexpensive fix. The goal is to solve the problem.
- If your unit does need to be replaced, we will go over your needs. We will consider your budget, the size of the unit that your home requires, and find the most energy efficient unit for your home. This will help keep you comfortable while cutting down on home cooling costs.
At Result Home Services, you will receive:
- Experienced, Nate certified contractors
- Quality work with a reputation to back it up
- Guaranteed satisfaction
- An offer for maintenance plans
- Clean & friendly service
- Fair and honest prices
It is crucial that you get 2-3 opinions when you have been told that you need an air conditioner replacement. Even if you do need to replace your unit, be sure to get 2-3 estimates for the cost to replace your home air conditioning system. An air conditioning replacement is a large investment so you want to make your getting the best deal for high quality work.
It must be noted that you should never choose a contractor on price alone. The installation of a new system or a replacement system must be accurate. A properly installed system will improve your home's comfort levels as well your energy costs. Therefore, you want a contractor that has a great reputation for being honest, trustworthy, and reliable. At Result Home Services, we stand behind what we do by guaranteeing our work. We are not satisfied until you are. Be sure to give us a call today so that we can offer a second opinion. We certainly will provide you with all of your available options so that you can make the best decision.
If you already have an estimate on an air conditioning replacement and you want to know if it is the best deal, be sure to give Result Home Services a call! We will gladly give you a second opinion! (888) 972-8662
Average Cost To Replace Heating And Air Conditioning
The cost to replace and install a new air conditioner depends on various factors. Most air conditioning installations cost between $3,692 and $7,134. This estimate is for central air conditioning units.
There are several factors that influence this cost. The type of unit that you purchase affects the price. A unit that is more energy efficient will cost more than one with a lower SEER (seasonal energy efficiency ratio). Although you may pay more initially for an air conditioner that has a higher SEER rating, your home cooling costs will be significantly reduced. Currently, air conditioning units have a 13 SEER but can go all the way up to 27 SEER. Also, if your home needs ductwork or additional ductwork, then it will cost more than the average. Some air conditioners can be quite noisy. However, more popular brands offer energy efficient models that produce less noise. However, these models also have an increased cost. Air conditioning installation costs generally depend on labor costs, the size of the air conditioner that you require for your home, and the unit's energy efficiency rating (SEER).
Old Air Conditioner Dangers
When you have genuinely reached that point to replace your air conditioner, then it is important that you do so. Many homeowners will repair their current AC system until they have no choice. Also, they will use one far past its life expectancy. However, the older that your system is, the less efficient that it is. Also, the less effective that it is at doing its job. Air conditioners tend to last about 10-15 years. Using an old air conditioner will not only increase your energy expenses and decrease your comfort levels, but it also can be dangerous. Below is a list of common issues when using old and outdated air conditioning systems:
- Microorganism buildup:Old AC units are an ideal place for fungi and bacteria to build up. Not all fungi produces infection but some do. They are capable of travelling throughout your home by way of your ductwork. This affects your respiratory system.
- Respiratory Problems:Old AC systems can aggravate people with respiratory conditions. This includes bronchitis and asthma. It can also cause Legionnaires’ Disease and major lung infections.
- Safety Concerns:Old air conditioning units use outdated parts and electrical components. This can be a fire hazard. Many house fires have begun due to old wiring in old air conditioning units. Since the wiring is within the unit, these issues can go unnoticed. When updating to a new unit, an HVAC contractor will examine the original wiring to make sure that it is still capable of being used. If not, it will be replaced.
When it is time to replace your unit, then it is important to do so. It will reduce your energy costs, increase your comfort levels, and keep you safe. However, it is important that you get a second opinion when you have been told that your system is no longer capable of being repaired. There are many situations where you may have been told that you need to replace your system but all that your system needed was a simple repair. At Result Home Services, we understand your situation. Be sure to call us for a second opinion. Giving us a call can help save you thousands of dollars. (888) 972-8662
A Second Opinion Can Help You:
- Give you another perspective on your situation: This will help you figure out what the real problem is so that you can find out all your possible options. You will then have the option to make a knowledgeable decision.
- Plan your time: Companies work in different time frames. By getting a second opinion, you will be able to plan when the work will start and how long each company will take.
- Give you the opportunity to ask important questions: By getting a second opinion, this will give you another chance to ask questions before making such a large decision.
- Provide confidence when making a decision: Investing in a new air conditioner is a major decision. If your current air conditioner has broken down, then you certainly don't want to make a decision like replacing your unit while feeling rushed or stressed. You want another opinion so that you can select the right air conditioner that meets your needs.
A second opinion can help you make the right decision for your home. This is not a decision that needs to be made without confidence. You do not want to regret your decision later on. Additionally, sometimes some HVAC contractors are quick to claim that you need to replace your system altogether when, in fact, only a simple repair was required. Result Home Services is happy to provide you with a proper diagnosis so that you can make a decision that works for you.
Carrier at Home with Danny Lipford - Properly Sizing Your Home System
How To Avoid Air-Conditioner Breakdowns